TL-USBCOM Driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
The TL-USBCOM driver provides a serial port emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing a serial emulation protocol on USB. The driver works with devices that are complaint to the USB CDC/ACM device class model and also supports non-compliant devices.
TL-USBCOM Driver Features
- WDF (KMDF) compliant Windows USB device driver
- Exposes a virtual COM port with dynamic plug-and-play behavior
- Optionally exposes a static COM port to support legacy applications
- Supports devices that are compliant with the USB CDC/ACM device class specification
- Supports devices that implement a subset of the CDC/ACM specification only
- Supports devices that implement a pair of bulk pipes but are not compliant with CDC/ACM otherwise
- Supports maximum throughput achievable with a given USB device while maintaining low CPU usage (depends on USB speed and device implementation, for example: 280 Mbps at 3% host CPU usage are achievable with USB 2.0 high-speed)
- Optionally supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend
- Optional device co-installer which supports automatic COM name assignment based on rules defined in an INI-style text file
Customization of the Driver
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- Windows 10 version of the driver is signed with Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Windows 7/8 version of the driver is signed with Thesycon’s code signing certificate.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
Driver Installer add-on
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
- The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements
- To get a WHQL certification WHQL tests must be executed with licensee's device.
- The WHQL certification can be executed by licensee or Thesycon.
- If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
x86 (32 bit)
x64 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2016
Windows 10 IoT
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
Current version: 1.25
To receive a free demo, prices or license agreement, please fill out the contact form.
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBCOM driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
USB Vendor and Product ID
For each USB device model an official USB vendor ID (VID) is required. Vendor IDs must be unique and will be assigned by the USB Implementers Forum (www.usb.org). Registration fees will be charged.
Thesycon owns a USB vendor ID and offers a subset of product IDs (PID) to device vendors. For customers who have licensed USB software from Thesycon this service is free of charge.
Keep up to Date
If you would like to be kept informed of product updates, please subscribe to the Thesycon newsletter.
© 2017 THESYCON